Dennis Edwards Homes would like to reassure you that during this difficult time we remain open for business as normal, with a few extra safety precautions in place.
Current government guidance advises that we are still able to continue building, carry out viewings and complete on house sales. Property surveys and removals can also take place.
For further information, see the government website.
Dennis Edwards Homes Covid viewing guidelines
Before the viewing
In line with government guidance, anyone experiencing coronavirus symptoms should stay at home, to help prevent further spread of the disease. Viewings will not go ahead if any party is experiencing symptoms or has recently tested positive for coronavirus. Ahead of each viewing, please advise us if you answer ‘Yes’ to any of the following questions. In this instance we will postpone the viewing for when it is safe to do so.
- Is anyone in your household displaying COVID-19 symptoms?
- Is anyone in your household self-isolating or been advised to self-isolate?
- Do you currently live in a lockdown area ?
- Is anyone in your household in the high-risk category?
Prior to your viewing
1. We will clean items and/or areas that are likely to be touched (i.e door handles, doorbells) with an antibacterial cleaner both before and after the viewing has taken place.
2. Open windows to boost ventilation prior to the viewing taking place.
3. Turn on lights, open internal doors, loft hatches, and anything else we think may be of interest, ahead of the viewing to minimise any unnecessary contact.
4. We will provide hand sanitiser so that you can clean your hands when you enter and leave.
5. To help minimise the number of people in the property at any one time, it may be required that you minimise the members of your household taking part in the viewing.
6. If you have any questions on the viewing, we recommend that the conversation takes place outdoors where possible.
During the viewing
- Maintain a 2m distance
- Wash your hands regularly (and thoroughly) and avoid touching your face.
- Please wear a mask for the duration of the viewing and advise if you require sterile gloves to be worn.
After the viewing
All keys, door handles and other items we deem to be a risk, will be disinfected with an antibacterial cleaner.